Try to wait at least 10 minutes between adding chemicals to your pool. This is a sufficient amount of time for the chemicals to mix in the water.
Adding Chemicals To Your Pool
For your family’s safety, it’s very important that the pool is maintained as a bacteria and algae-free environment. To maintain the water, pool chemicals must be added regularly. Now, this may seem like a daunting and time-consuming chore, but it’s quite simple. All you need to know is which chemicals to use, when to apply them and how long to wait between adding chemicals.
The wait time between adding chemicals needs to be at least 10 minutes, as mentioned above. Under normal conditions, you will also be able to swim in the water roughly 10 minutes after all chemicals have been applied. If you turn your pump on high and slowly pour the chemical mix in front of the return, it should be a pretty smooth process. If you turn the pump on low and add chemicals, the process will take a bit longer.
What Are The Main Pool Chemicals?
- Alkalinity Balancers
- Alkalinity Increaser
- Calcium Hardness Increaser
- Chlorine Stabilizer
- Cyanuric Acid
- Hardness Balancers
- pH Balancers
What Not To Do When Adding Pool Chemicals
Avoid these situations when adding chemicals to your pool:
- Refrain from adding at the same time or mixing chlorine and muriatic acid. This interaction will produce a toxic gas, which is very dangerous to your health.
- Chlorinating agents like Cal Hypo and Trichlor should not be mixed together under any circumstance. Putting them in the same feeder can cause an explosion.
- After you add Calcium Hypochlorite, you will need to wait at least 24 hours before adding chemicals. This could alter their pH. Adjusting pH or Total Alkalinity after the addition of Calcium Hypochlorite will cause the calcium to cloud the water temporarily.
- A good rule of them is to simply NEVER mix pool chemicals with each other.
Pool Care In Gilbert, AZ
Pool Service Gilbert is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the valley since 2004. We offer reliable and affordable pool services, including repairs, replacement, equipment installations and more! Our service area includes Ahwatukee, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix and Tempe, Arizona. Contact us right here for your upcoming pool service needs! Call us at 480-748-3022 for more information.